Sunday, March 7, 2010

EL CHICANO


I just found out today that Bobby Espinosa, the founder of El Chicano recently passed away. I usually listen to my East Side Story Compilations or Lowrdier oldies on Sundays , and the fact that it is above 60 degrees and sunny up here in San Francisco makes it even more appropriate for my musical selection for today. RIP Bobby! Thank you for the great "brown-eyed soul..."

"He was recently inducted into “Hammond Heroes” an elite society of the best players on the Hammond organ! An Honor bestowed on the gifted musician, the only 'Chicano Artist' ever to be recognized for his unique style of Blues, Jazz and Latin music on the Hammond B3 organ." From Chicano Radio Network Blog

Download my favorite track here..."Sabor A Mi" from the Album Revolucion (1971) Ersi Arvizu, the lead vocalist on the track has such a smokey voice-a romantic Eastside anthem!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've been bringing doubles of that record out and playing them at breakin battles lately. Picked them out of the dolla bin a few months ago. Some fiyyyah on there! I'm not sure which track I run cuz you know I hadda cover the labels! :) ...just how I get down.

    ReplyDelete