Tuesday, February 2, 2010

He Took Me Under His Wing



DJ Toph 1...I affectionately call him the unofficial mayor of San Francisco because he seems to know everyone in this city. I first met him at Doin' It In The Park in 2007 and I asked him if he would teach me how to DJ. He sternly said to me , "school starts now". I have been learning from him ever since.

His house is simply a record library that happens to have a bathroom, bedroom and a kitchen. I love bumping into him around town, usually when he's finishing up a cross-town bike ride or at Dalva for his Red Wine Social, which has been going on for YEARS. He has no cell phone and will never play serato, which intrigues me and charms me. He has taught me so much, he is one of the main reasons why I became a DJ! Love you Toph


*B&W Photo by Troy Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment